Five top tips for renovating your laundry
Renovating your laundry is a great way to add value to your home and set things up just the way you want. While do-it-yourself renovations aren’t unheard of, some projects can be a little more challenging than others. It pays to do your homework first and determine which components you can do yourself and which ones are best left to the experts, such as the plumbing and electrical work.
It is also worth taking the time to plan your project out well in advance, keeping the following pointers in mind:
- When scheduling various contractors, make sure you allow sufficient time for each stage of work to be completed before the next one is due to start.
- Make sure you choose waterproof finishes and non-slip flooring for wet areas.
- Where possible, try and make use of existing plumbing and electrical outlets. And if repositioning them, try and group them relatively close together, to save on material and labour costs.
- If you are adding bathroom facilities to your laundry such as a shower and toilet, consider whether your existing drains and ventilation will be sufficient or if you’ll need to upgrade.
- If your renovation also includes your bathroom/s and kitchen, decide where your main water outlet is going, then if possible, try and fit the plumbing for the remaining rooms as closely as possible. Try and position your hot water system in a location that’s central to each of these rooms, to reduce the distance that your hot water has to travel.
These are just a handful of helpful tips to consider when renovating your laundry. By planning ahead and hiring professionals where necessary, you’ll almost certainly be saving yourself money and downtime.
If you’d like our professional advice about positioning your hot water system, feel free to give Same Day Hot Water a call on 1300 88 13 43 or get in touch with us online.